GBT is committed to the success and longevity of the communities we serve. Since we are a utility, we have access to the United States Department of Agriculture’s Rural Development Loan and Grant Program (REDLG) which makes 0% loans available for rural economic development, job creation, and community facilities. Business start-ups and business expansions can apply for up to $1 million in loans; and community development projects can apply for up to $300,000 in loans. For more information on this, contact Kara Jecha at 800-432-7965, kjecha@GBTlive.com, or stop by our Rush Center office and visit with her about your project!
USDA 0% Loans
USDA 0% Interest Loans Available through GBT for Rural Economic Development, Job Creation, and Community Facilities Business start-up and expansion projects can apply for up to $1,000,000. Community development projects can apply for up to $300,000.
Eligible activities include:
• business start-up
• business expansion
• community development
Examples of activities not eligible include, but are not limited to:
• debt refinancing without an expansion
• speculative land purchases
• projects of residential nature
• transfer of ownership without expansion
• 100% working capital loans
Projects must demonstrate they are economically viable AND have job creation potential by providing:
• a business plan containing projected balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, and a market/feasibility study;
• a letter of intent from a lending institution to issue a “Declining Irrevocable Letter of Credit” ;
• at least 20% supplemental funding of the total project cost by applicant.
For more information, contact Kara Jecha at 800-432-7965 or via email at email@example.com.
Area Contacts for Economic Development and Chamber of Commerce
GBT’s commitment to the success and longevity of the communities we serve involves working with area professionals in both Economic Development and Chambers of Commerce. Here is a listing for your use.